Saturday, January 3, 2015

Facing the Giants

It's a New Year and I've purposed to engage life to the fullest for 2015. No more "waiting" for "it" to happen. Over the Holidays, I watched the movie Facing the Giants and I cried and cried and cried. Then I cried some more. I could relate to just about every character in the movie. In one way or another, I was dealing or have dealt with each issue they were dealing with. And when I looked at my life, it seems I keep coming up short. On Tuesday my best friend emailed me wanting to know if I was prepared for marriage and children in 2015. When I emailed her my response, this was her reply, "That's a lot of what if's. It may be that you want it too neat and orderly. Have you taken notice of children that may need you - Big brother big sister? I know you may not be ready for adoption. Don't you dare let 2015 see you crying unless you're saying goodbye to your what if's and hello to your what's next. Be that dynamic person and get out there. GO GO GIRL GO! Switch it up, flip it over, look at it upside down. I hope great things for you this year."

Have you ever watched the movie Facing the Giants? I purchased the movie in 2010, however, it's still relevant to my life today. Because no matter the season you are in right now, there will come a time when you will face Giants in your life. Those Giants will do whatever it takes to make you think you will be defeated 'this time'. There's a part in the movie during the Championship game when the opposing team comes out on the field. As they broke the banner, the players kept coming and coming and coming. Even the announcer commented that they had so many members on their team that they could play a new team each quarter. Sometimes, that's the way life make you feel: Like things keep coming at you and you wonder when will it ever stop. I realized over this Holiday season that no matter how many new players (tests, trials and temptations) come into my game of life, I'm still on the winning team! 

So, this is my response to my best friends email, "I'm just processing 2014 and refuse to take anything or anyone into 2015 that doesn't want to be with me. When I truly let go of the people that don't want to be a part of my life, I can receive the people that do." I also have another good friend that I receive advice from and this is my response to her similar question, "I'm going to start leading more with my head rather than my heart. I've got to realize that some people don't want me in their lives and/or they don't want to change their ways. That doesn't make them bad people, just people I can't allow to stop me from reaching my destiny. When I get THERE, I will definitely offer them a hand up if they should choose to take it at that time." Sure, facing your Giants can be daunting, and as long as you keep looking at them as they come onto your field, you will never see your potential to WIN! 

2 comments:

  1. How awesome is this?! I have not seen this movie, but I will look for this week. Continue moving forward. Again, thank you for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Antronette :). Over the years, my best friend has told me that I should share my experiences. Little did I know that in doing so, many people's lives would be touched as a result. As you watch the movie, open your heart to receive the intended message. I first watched it the year Cam Newton of the Auburn Tigers played against Alabama. I saw this young man take this team from apparent defeat to unprecedented Victory!. . .the same message in the movie (for each character). It's the intended message of my journey, my story. 2015 is the year to Possess the Land!

      Delete