Saturday, January 17, 2015

. . . in well doing*

If you know the missing words from the beginning of my title, then I can almost guarantee that you think you know where this message is going. Over the years, I've grown to not like this passage so much. Why? Because of the missing words. From the first time I heard Joyce Meyer teach on this passage of scripture, my focus has been on the beginning words. It seems like I would always be given this passage as encouragement during my weary phase. I didn't want to hear about NOT being weary, I wanted to hear how to Reap. Even still, over the years, I just never saw the connection.

However, just recently, I actually SAW the meaning of those three words in my life: In well doing. My Pastor is currently teaching on discouragement and from his teaching last week, I actually SAW "in well doing" active in my life just as clearly as he spoke. 
It's true meaning is that the weariness doesn't come unless you are "in well doing". I had a situation to come up where I know God told me one thing but my circumstances told me another. I'd decided to believe God and made plans to celebrate. In the process of getting things ready, the plans I'd made had to suddenly be altered; I had to come up with a Plan B. So I did. But before I could execute Plan B, I determined to follow through with my original plans. Sure, it was gonna take a little extra time and effort on my part but I'm worth it. I stayed my original course and as a result was able to encourage someone else who's experiencing some of the things I'm going though. 

I don't know about you, but I'm determined that 2015 will be the year that I Reap because I certainly do not plan to faint. Just making the decision to stay the course I'd planned as a result of hearing from God has opened my eyes to see how I've been moved to receive less than what He has planned for me at other times in my life. In essence I'm saying to you, don't be moved my what you see, hear or even think. Your situation is subject to change. Don't settle for Plan B just because an obstacle presents itself right in front of your original Plan. Stay focused and determined to get full manifestation through positive change (working your original plan in a different way) in order to receive ALL that God has for you. It took me a while to get here but I'm here now and so glad about it. Just because I've been delayed doesn't mean I've been denied. And the biggest part of positive change is being able to see the other side -and I couldn't always see the other side for looking at what stopped me in the first place. 

*Galatians 6:9

No comments:

Post a Comment