Saturday, January 24, 2015

Dear No One

There's a song with the above title sung by Tori Kelly and I think it's a pretty nice song. I especially like the premise of the song -she's singing to the man who is not yet in her life. So I decided to write to the man who is not yet in my life. What prompted me to write - cause you know I've been thinking about it a while - even though I've never felt comfortable enough to actually put in words what I feel on the inside? That song plus the fact that I'm also reading a book that really hit close to home for me emotionally. I won't name the book because I want you to be free enough to explore what's on the inside of you rather than limit this experience to what's on the inside of me. I want us all healthy, whole and complete in Christ.

The premise of the book is this: the lady knows her weaknesses and shortcomings and is willing to do what it takes to overcome this brokenness. In the process of getting her life together, she meets a man who essentially has similar weaknesses and shortcomings. He to has learned how to deal with his brokenness and as a result is able to more effectively relate to her. To outsiders looking in, it appears that a relationship between the two of them wouldn't work. However, because they are so in tune with their own flaws, they can recognize the limitations of the other person and is there to offer support when needed. That's what I realized has been lacking in the dating relationships in my life. I haven't met a man who understands the heart of me. Or one willing to take the time necessary to find out what makes me me. 

Dear No One, this is your love song:

Sometimes, I need someone who is strong
Who will be there for me even when I'm wrong
Cause his love for me won't let me stand alone

Sometimes, I want someone who understands
My need to always have a plan
Doesn't take away the fact that he's my man

Sometimes, I want someone who really cares
To hold my hand, keep me close, willing to share
Cause his love for me will always be there

Sometimes, I want someone I can love
Give him lots of kisses and many many hugs
Cause my love for him is sent from God above

No comments:

Post a Comment