Saturday, December 27, 2014

God's Love

Why is a man that operates in God's Love on my list of what I prefer in a man? Because God's love is not controlling or manipulative. It's freeing and allows a person to be true to themselves. And for the greater good of the relationship, both parties need the freedom to choose the other person each day. Each day we wake up, we make a decision to follow Christ or not. The same holds true of a relationship. Whether or not the other person performs the way we want them too, you have to be committed to stay and engage life with the one you chose. 

Too often, it has become much easier to give up on a relationship and leave. In other words, it's easier to tell the other person that they are no longer "right" for you or not really the "kind of person" you were looking for. A man that operates in God's love will look past his feelings to his commitment level to determine his course of action for that day. He knows that he can't make the other person stay if they aren't also committed to the relationship. Knowing this fact, there's no reason to try and control or manipulate any situations that may arise. He's willing to communicate with the other person to find common ground for sustaining the relationship.

I look at my own life and my relationship with Christ when I embark on a new relationship. There have been plenty of times when I didn't want to choose His way for my own. But with each new day, He still chose me and allowed me the freedom to make the choice to either leave Him or stay. He revealed to me how controlling and manipulating people would never get me the desired results I wanted. Therefore, allowing a man to leave who is not fully committed has gotten easier to do. A man that operates in God's love is a joy to be around and makes engaging the relationship an enjoyable journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment