Saturday, January 10, 2015

Take time for YOU!

People have often been asked, "what's the one thing you would do if money wasn't an issue?" We all can come up with several things we would do. But what would you do if YOU weren't the issue? Meaning, if you stopped worrying about the things you didn't have and started using the things you do?" Would you put together the meal where you took the time to clip the recipe from a magazine? Would you finally make the greeting card using the craft scissors you bought? Or would you just throw yourself a birthday party cause it's your birthday? All of those things mentioned only need one person to get started and that's YOU! Why wait? 

Take time for YOU! I know my value and my worth but am I truly responsive to my own needs. Take for instance this scenario; a co worker got a transfer to another department. I've already informed her of our "date" to celebrate her new position. I've already planned to take her out to eat and get a card and have everyone sign it. I've thought about what she will need to make her last day in our department enjoyable. But what about me? My Doctor gave me a 10-pound weight loss goal to be met by my next visit. When I went back and I'd lost eight out of the ten pounds, what did I do? Watched my Doctor dance in her office cause she was proud of me. When all I could think was "I didn't lose all 10!" Why couldn't I just take the time out with my Doctor and celebrate what I did achieve? I needed to know that I was proud of me too. 

This New Year, I've purposed in my heart to take time for ME! Why don't you purpose to take time for YOU! Only you know what things are needed to encourage, inspire and uplift you, so do those things. I'm not saying be selfish and forget about others. What I am saying is to include YOU in your thoughts. Sometimes, only you know what you need. And who better to give you what you want. Go ahead, schedule that art class you want to take. Create a playlist that you dance to every night. Turn off the ringers on all the phones in the house and get a good nap. Buy yourself a birthday card. . .you just might be surprised by how you feel about yourself. Enjoy the Journey!

2 comments:

  1. I am increasing my yearly day off to a monthly day😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl! Stay motivated and stay with it, you'll be glad you did.

      Delete