Saturday, March 7, 2015

Who told you you were _____?

While reading the bible, in Genesis 3:11 God spoke to Adam and Eve, He asked Adam, "who told you you were naked?" I began to wonder about the things in my own life that people have told me that I've come to believe; and how I've allowed those things to affect my life. Just because someone else said it to me, doesn't make it so. Especially if it doesn't align with God's word and what He has in fact spoken to me about my life.

I also saw something in that question. God spoke to the one that he had given the instructions to even though they both were present. So no matter what someone else says about you or to you, God is holding you responsible for what He's told you. So, who told you you were useless, fat, not worthy, poor, selfish and never gonna make it? And how have you allowed those things to affect your life? 

When I became conscious of the fact that I was believing the negative things others have told me and that I was allowing those things to hinder me from progressing in life, I purposed in my heart to not accept those comments and replaced them with what I knew in my heart described me. So, I began to tell Me that I am loved, accepted, wanted, needed, beautiful, smart and sexy.

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Tracey....I've heard things like that for most of my life and it really affected me and my way of living. I always tried to lose weight so they could no longer call me fat. Now I realized that was why I couldn't lose weight.

    ReplyDelete