Saturday, March 28, 2015

Peace

A few months ago, I sent this message to my friends: "I am officially on VACATION from stress (anything that's contrary to God's will, purpose and plan for my life), worry (about my current and future job outlook) and doubt (will I really have what God says I can have?)". I truly meant that statement and I purposed to fulfill it; not just for one day but continually. That's not to say that situations have not arisen that have tried to move me from my commitment to walk in Peace.

On the contrary, not long after making the statement, EVERYTHING seemed to get out of control. I thought I'd been challenged before making the statement but soon realized that making the statement did in fact open my eyes to the realization that no matter what was going on externally, I could control my internal Peace. My job outlook looked bleak. The friends that were mad at me before I made the statement were still not talking to me. And the things I am believing God for still had not manifested.

But one day I got up and something felt different on the inside of me. I had a Peace that I couldn't explain. Those things that I'd been chasing after but never quite able to obtain didn't carry the same weight as before. It was more important for me to maintain the Peace I had than try to figure everything out for me and for others. Everyone has issues of their own to deal with but it's not up to me to take on their issues. That's why God says to cast all your cares on Him. He gave me peace about my issues, I pray that each one of them receive His peace about their issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment