Saturday, April 4, 2015

Life Timeline

This months theme for my art class was Life Timeline. When I first saw the flyer for the class, I thought to myself "exactly what can I put on my timeline that I haven't already obsessed over before? Will the things I include even be obtainable and am I even willing to try to obtain them now?" Needless to say, I wanted to cancel class for that night and just stay home and. . .mope.

To add to my resolve to stay home, there was a severe thunderstorm warning scheduled for that night. I'd already had a doctors appointment scheduled and it was in the same area. My plan was to stay downtown after my appointment then head to class. What do you know, not only did I get out of my appointment earlier than planned, I had almost a two hour wait before class started. Good enough reason to just go home and not come back out. And on top of that, my friend had already called earlier that morning wanting to meet and walk around the park. Ok, now this will be three times I've gone downtown today and its threatening really bad weather: so I went home.

I thought about contacting the instructor to let her know I would not make the class. But, it stopped raining. I waited to see if closer to time to leave if the rain started back; it didn't. When I got to class, I found out the timeline that we would make would consist of those highs and lows in our life that has gotten us to the point where we currently are. Funny thing is, I'd recently been thinking about those highs and lows in my life. This art project just allowed me to put visual images with the thoughts I was already having about my life. All in all, the art project for me was a success because I realized that each high and low has been a unique situation that has shaped me into the Me I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment