Saturday, November 29, 2014

A Good Guy

A month after the online dating debacle, I was in the library early one morning preparing to make online bill payments due to having used up my mobile data for the month. After being there a while, a gentleman came and sat at the desk with me. He introduced himself and asked for my name. We started talking and before you know it, an hour had passed. He did most of the talking and I was content to just listen. Before long, I needed to leave because I had to go to work so I told him it was nice having met him. We exchanged goodbyes and I left.

Two weeks later, I was again at the library but this time it was early afternoon. The library was crowded so I sat at a table almost when you first come in. After a while, a table cleared toward the back where I usually sit and as I walked toward it, I saw the man that I'd met there two weeks prior. He was working on something so he didn't immediately come to my desk. But when he did, we talked again for over an hour. This time, I engaged more in the conversation and he just sat back and listened as I talked. I liked that. I had an art class that night and I told him I needed to leave. He walked me out to my car where we noticed that one of my tires needed air in it. He asked if I wouldn't mind following him to the gas station so that he could put more air in the tire. As I followed him, I phoned one of my girlfriends and told her what I was doing and gave her his tag number, you know, just in case.

While at the gas station, he not only put air in the tire that needed it, he also checked the other three tires as well. I liked that. When we'd gotten there, I'd given him money to get the change for the machine but he had coins himself. Afterward, he told me the importance of a woman always having money on hand for emergencies such as this then he gave me back my money. I liked that too. We stood and talked for a little bit where he continued to confirm his interest in me. He'd talked about it while we were at the library but the way he looked at me while at the gas station, I knew he meant what he was saying. 

To say that he came along in my life during a time when I not only needed to be made to feel like I was cared about but for him to actually be a good guy as well, endeared him to me all the more. I told my girlfriends that he really made me feel like a Female when he was attending to my needs. I really liked that. Although we are not at a place in our lives where a dating relationship is imminent, a budding friendship is definitely on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment