Saturday, November 15, 2014

The REASON why I Blog

His name is Tyrone Phillip Boateng and I met him on an online dating site. The reason I joined a dating site was because it gave me the opportunity to be able to meet men from all around the world. I'd been on a couple of sites for about 3 months when Tyrone "flirted" with me and I responded to his flirt. He asked for my personal email address. I'd only given that to one other guy because I felt it safer to stay on the site since it was being monitored (I was notified that a couple of men that previously contacted me had been BANNED). I gave him my usual speech about staying on the site, however, he was able to talk me into giving him my personal email. The thing that attracted me most to Tyrone was the fact that he was willing to share of himself. He suggested that we write email "letters" to each other; not the text messages or chatting that most guys wanted to do so that they could talk to as many women as possible. He said that he would put forth the effort to communicate with me and I told him I would do likewise. 

The initial letters were full of information about himself, his family and his work. He asked plenty of questions which I in turn asked back to him. We felt this was a good way to get to know one another because Tyrone lived in another state and we wouldn't have the opportunity to just meet somewhere for dinner and a movie. I enjoyed receiving his letters and he stated he enjoyed reading mine. I shared with Tyrone those things that were in my heart (some things I've shared in my blogs) because I'm not ashamed of my life. If I can help one person do better in life because of something I've gone through and I am able to let them know there is a better way, I'll do it. I remember telling a couple of friends that Tyrone seemed to be saying all the right things that I needed and wanted to hear. Even though, I still enlisted their prayers for me as I continued to pray about this budding friendship. 

In his first letter to me, Tyrone asked me to define relationship in my own words. My response to him was, "I think that the honesty and integrity of the two people who are communicating will define the relationship." Needless to say, I soon found out that Tyrone was not honest nor did he walk in integrity. This is the Tyrone he presented to me: "I am a one woman man and am not looking for a sexual partner or dating. I am looking for a serious relationship that will end in marriage. I am a 48 year old single dad of a son who is 10 years old. His name is Don and his mother died in a car accident some years back. I do believe Jesus is my Lord and personal savior and I am born again. I am an artist, sculpture and painter. I am a real easy person to talk to and a good listener. I am tired of searching and I hope you can be the chosen one for me."

Just from reading that, you know I was ready to call all my girls and let them know about this man. But I wanted to wait a while to see how things worked out between us. Then one day I got a letter that just didn't sound like "my" Tyrone. It sounded juvenile whereas Tyrone's letters sounded more mature. I knew it had to be a different person when I got to the part where he talked about us having been friends for some time. Dude, I barely know you! But I kept reading. He went on to say that since the day we met, he'd fallen deeply in love with me. That I was his best friend, his one true love. That he promises to share his life with me no matter what tomorrow may bring. Then his next words would contradict what he'd just said. He continued on by saying that he knew we weren't going to be able to be together because the distance was too great and it worried him. And even if we were already together and he hurt me, he'd beg me for one more chance to make me fall in love with him. To follow are the actual words from that LAST letter: "who knows - you might feel the same about me. I really think I love you, I just don't know how to tell you."

Excerpt from my journal: "Tyrone was a phony and a fraud. After he sent me the jacked up email, I went to the site to report him and there was finally a note saying his account was under review. I checked back later and he was officially BANNED! I guess my girls praying for me kept me covered because this could have really devastated me."

No comments:

Post a Comment