Saturday, November 8, 2014

Me, Myself and I

Me: I've never been a "bad" girl so no drama that will catch up with me later in life. However, that doesn't mean that I don't have issues that I have to deal with. The good news is that in Christ, those issues are just reminders of how far I've come in life. Before being born again, I walked in rejection, low self esteem and discouragement. But now, I'm an overcomer and I try to use my life's experiences when I talk to others about moving forward in God.

Myself: At one point in my life I thought of myself as being fearless. However, when God spoke to me about making a change for my personal health, I became resistant to make that change. I told Him I couldn't make that big of a change because what would "she" or "they" think of me after the change. That's when He showed me that I feared man more than I feared Him. He was trying to help me improve my quality of life, but I was willing to stay in a state that hindered my growth because of what someone else might think or say. I heeded his voice and 12 years later, it was the greatest change I could have ever made to help boost my confidence and self esteem.

I: Today, I walk in the reverential fear of God because He knows what's best for me at all times. Excerpt from my journal: "Not only am I using these precious days to straighten out my thinking, I've come to realize that there are some things that I want; like dating. I want to date, be romanced by and get to know the man who will be my husband. I am not running out of time and everything does not have to happen quick, fast and in a hurry. I want us to grow together. Get to know one another. If we know early on great, if not, we can continue dating (if that's what we both want) until we are sure. I know God has already spoken and the end result will be good and very good. But right now, I'm ready to ENJOY the journey."

No comments:

Post a Comment