Saturday, December 6, 2014

Real Love

I started this blog by discussing relationships; mine to be exact. I wanted to set the foundation before revealing the reason that pushed me to reveal my inner most struggles that started me on this journey of sharing my life to the world at large. Now that the Reason is known, I pondered "what's next?" Due to the limited number of rewarding, fulfilling and all-or-nothing relationships I've had in my life, from this point on, I want to explore more. As you can see from my previous blogs, so many other factors contributed to the make-or-break, pass-or-fail and even the win-or-lose mentality I carried into each relationship. So, if you like me want to explore more, keep reading and Enjoy the Journey!

My quest for that one true Real Love experience has taught me one very important lesson. Each and every relationship is different. That's why you can't look at someone's good or bad relationship and determine that your relationship will be just like that. We are to take their example and not imitate their behavior but learn from it. Will what you see in them harm, hinder or encourage and inspire your relationship? People are always in a learning stage in their life; whether they want to admit it or not. But when two people come together at a time when their learning coincides with one another, that makes for a meaningful relationship: Because they both are willing to put in the time and effort to make the relationship work. That's why we've seen people we were in a relationship with with, leave us and then go on to find someone else and their relationship seems to work. It's not magic; maybe they learned from the relationship they had with you and when they entered the next one, they applied the principles learned. Whereas, you are stuck in the hurt you felt from the breakup and refuse to learn how to do better with the next person.

Needless to say, I didn't get to this point in my life without a lot of conflicting emotions. Surely, the next guy knew not to do "that" to me. What if he didn't? Didn't I learn from my past relationships that I had to communicate with the person I'm with and not assume that he knows everything about me? Right now, the greatest joy I'm experiencing in new relationships is getting to know the person. Why? Because it's so much easier to see if I "fit" his lifestyle rather than trying to make a place for myself with someone just to say I have a man in my life. I learned from my Pastor that we should compromise standards; he no longer has to be tall, dark and handsome. But we should never compromise morals; he will always have to be a man of Faith, integrity and the God kind of Love -Real Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment