Saturday, October 25, 2014

Are you ready?

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” (‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭28-30‬ MSG)

Last week, I talked about God being there for me and turning things around in my life. But what about when I was tired, worn out and burned out on religion? He was there too. I'd gotten to a point in my dating life where I was tired of giving my body to men who were not committed to me. I was worn out from trying to get past the limitations placed on me in my work environments. I sure was burned out on all the religious people in my life who weren't faring any better than I was but for appearance sake, you'd never know it. I knew that there had to be more than I had, was experiencing and even thought was possible. So my decision to make Jesus the Lord of my life has far exceeded any life I could have ever made on my own.

If you are at that place in your life where you are ready to accept His Love and His help,  pray this prayer and invite Jesus into your life not only as your Savior but as your Lord.

Dear God,
I heard the gospel today. I heard how much You love me and that you sent Your son Jesus to die for my sins. I want to be right with You God. I repent of my sins and invite Jesus into my life, not only as my Savior but as my Lord. Jesus, I relinquish control of my life to You and accept Your leadership, forgiveness and love. Thank you Father for saving me today. In Jesus name, Amen.

If you prayed that prayer and you meant it, leave a comment or tweet me @M924life so that we can discuss the next path on your journey. Welcome to the Family!

4 comments:

  1. What do you do when you're tired and worn out from seeing your dreams and desires come to pass in someone else's life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take it from someone who has also felt the way you do a time or two :)
      Continue to believe God! No matter what it looks like. Trust and believe that God is not withholding anything from you. Just know that if someone else has received what you desire, then it's possible for you to also receive. You're only looking at that specific thing you didn't get but God ALWAYS gives you more than you ask or even think about!

      Delete
  2. I have said this prayer and yes I'm so ready to give His control of everything and all of me. Thank you Jesus for my meeting Of Ms. Tracey at her sisters house. It's a reason why we sat and talked on the sofa for hours. Little do she know she's already helped me in that one day of talking and from reading her blog. Thank you Ms. Tracey for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shauntell, God has a wonderful plan for your life and I'm so Excited for you. I Enjoyed talking with you for hours too. I have a post titled Just For You! Please read it and Enjoy the Journey!

    ReplyDelete