Saturday, May 2, 2015

His Wife and Their Mother

My journey to becoming his wife and their mother started in 1998. I was totally on board with God's way of doing things by then. No longer was I seeking my own agenda but I wanted what and who He wanted for me. I'd been back in church about four years by then and I had begun to realize that I'd come back to church but I wasn't allowing Him to lead my life. I still wanted to do some of the things I'd done before but with His help, many of those plans failed. Now here I am, a young woman living for God and seeking a godly mate. I tell people all the time that my desire to not engage in premarital sex had nothing to do with knowing what God's word had to say on the matter. His word just happened to line up with my desire to no longer give my body to men that hadn't given themselves to me. We were totally on the same page.

I was in a church environment that allowed me to see God's plan was for me to have a husband; not just some man. But he didn't manifest in that arena. Years later, God led me to the church I attend now. At this church He opened my eyes to not only becoming a wife but also to becoming a mother. I've always wanted to have more than one child, so twins was on my mind. One day during Sunday morning service, my Pastor talked about increasing the church membership. He jokingly talked about women having more than one baby to help speed up the process. While sitting in my seat I thought, "well I want twins, that should help". Right after I had that thought my Pastor said something like "and don't just think about having twins, have five or six". There had recently been a lady at the church that had sextuplets. My immediate response was "no way am I having five or six babies". But three stuck in my mind and on that day my triplets were born. Now all I had to do was find the husband to make my dreams come true.

Needless to say, it's been a total of seventeen years and that dream has yet to come true. Not only am I using these precious days to straighten out my thinking, I've come to realize that there are some things that I want before marriage; God-centered dating. I want to date, be romanced by and get to know the man who will be my husband. I am not running out of time and everything does not have to happen quick, fast and in a hurry. I want us to grow together. Get to know one another. If we know early on, great, if not, we can continue as friends (if that's what we both want) until we are sure. I know God has already spoken and the end result will be good and very good. But now, I'm ready to Enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment