Saturday, May 9, 2015

Thank You!

Have you ever had a day where it felt like Christmas, the Fourth of July and your Birthday all rolled into one? Well, that's how I feel right now. Why? Because even though things haven't changed on the outside, I've pretty much been changed on the inside. What changed me? The Word of God. This season of my life that I'm currently in forced me to look back over my life and realize that God didn't change, my situation did. So why am I thanking you? Let me explain. . .

I was listening to a teaching series by my Pastor titled Keys to a fruitful life. In the series, he talked about how God does not give us fruit; He gives us seed. We are to take the seed and plant and cultivate it so that it grows. Well, needless to say, I was looking at the fruit of my blog audience and not the seed: Those of you who position yourself each week and take the time to read what I write. For that I say "Thank You!"  
Not only have I been blessed by what I write, I've been getting comments from You about being blessed by what you read. 

When I took my eyes off the fruit I didn't have and started concentrating on the seed I did have, my whole outlook changed. Now, I'm not just talking about my blog here. I'm talking about my life as a whole. As a result, things started changing in my favor. I now have options I couldn't see before because my focus was off. Now, I can pick and choose the way that I go because God's word has opened up avenues for me. So again, "Thank You!" for being a part of my journey, my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment