Saturday, February 7, 2015

Do you have Hope?

As a Believer, we are never without Hope (refer to sermon teaching Feel like Quitting, subtopic "Hope -Anchor of the Soul" on www.Faithchapel.net). However, there are times and situations that just have you at a place of puzzlement. These are the times when you really have to hold on to your Hope. Over the years, I've experienced such times and dare I say that right now, I'm experiencing such a time.

After listening to the sermon message and then receiving my verse for today (Philippians 4:6-7 MSG), I realized that I was more focused on the situation not turning out the way I'd hoped. Why? Because of past experiences. I know that in Christ I have the victory but my past experiences have taught me that those victories have come with great struggle. So I've prepared for the struggle during this trying time in my life. I'm ready to stand my ground and refuse to be moved because I'm used to opposition. From my past it appears that others have been allowed to move me to fit their best advantage. That I've only gotten to a certain place because they wanted me there. Now as I face this situation and realize that I don't want to be where they want to put me, what recourse do I have?

When I look at the people (or situations) in my life that act opposite to what I am believing God for, I tend to justify that their actions may supersede God's plan for my life. Thing is, I really know God's plan because when I decided to make these changes in my life, I consulted Him. I moved out on His instructions. It doesn't matter how many times others tell me what they think I should be doing, my purpose is to do what God directed. That's when I'm the most happiest. Now that I am assured that I am never without Hope, I've already prayed twice today and I've only been awake for three hours. That just shows me how much the situation has really been weighing on my mind. The difference this time is that I've purposed to work the Word so that I may experience sweat-less victory as I Enjoy the Journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment