Saturday, February 21, 2015

Life

I was thinking about my life on my ride in to work today and I had to stop and laugh. I laughed because right now at this moment in my life, I am exactly where I wanted to be 30 years ago. Coincidence? I think not. I want to believe it's the chance that I thought was taken away from me so long ago due to inexperience. 

As a young person, I knew what I wanted to "do" with my life. Sure, it wasn't to be the first to conquer this or build that, but it was what was on the inside of me that I thought would make me happy. But as I stated, I didn't get the chance to pursue what I wanted. Therefore, I pursued the desires of others: I went to the college that others said would benefit me ( I'm not complaining, I learned a lot and met some really nice people). I dated the guys my girlfriends said would be good for me (on this one, I'm usually right and I'm determined to date who I like!). And I kept quiet when others said "don't rock the boat" ( I'm no longer in the boat, I'm walking on water). 

I have a friend who is a minister that taught that we should acknowledge God and let Him direct our paths. That if we consult Him when we are young (if you aren't as young as you used to be, that's ok too) and don't know which direction to take, He can keep us from going down so many paths in life that cause us frustration and heartache. I guess today I really thought about what my life would be like if I'd known how to truly submit my ways to God at a young age and stand in faith believing Him to make my dreams come true. 

On this side looking back, I know I can be much farther along than I am now. But knowing God and His ways the way I do now, I know that He can redeem the time and not just catch me up to where I should have been but He will far exceed my expectations and take me farther than I ever thought I could go. I want to encourage each and every one of you to know that where you are right now is no surprise to God. In some cases it may be a surprise to you (I think that's why I laughed) but don't give up because a life that is both fulfilling and rewarding awaits you as you Enjoy the Journey!

2 comments:

  1. This is a very good post. I enjoy reading your post because you've answered and explained things to my understanding. Thank you

    ReplyDelete