Saturday, December 13, 2014

Faith

I know you may be wondering, "how does having Faith affect whether or not I find Real Love?" Well let me begin by explaining that Faith is a process that involves four components: 1. You have to hear God's word on a matter. 2. You have to believe that word; independent of your situation or circumstances. 3. You have to confess the word that you heard and believe. 4. You have to put corresponding actions with those words.  

For many years, my concept of love was what I read in books, saw on TV or heard my friends say was love. But for me, doing what I read about, saw and even heard about from others never yielded the fulfilling relationship I so desired. Once I found out about the process of how Faith works, I determined that I would believe God for a rewarding and fulfilling relationship. Therefore, I look for Faith in a mans life as opposed to his material possessions. Because I know that when he operates in Faith, nothing is impossible for him to achieve and have in life.

I want to share with you a principle I learned through something that recently happened to me that confirms and supports the Faith process in regards to exercising Faith for a relationship. I recently met a man who has Cerebral Palsy (CP). Years ago, I worked in an environment of people diagnosed with CP. So I know the range of the disability.  But I'd never met anyone who made me laugh as much as this man did. Although he may have been limited physically by a disability, it was pretty obvious that he didn't allow it to keep him from choosing to live a happy life. Because of his limited speech ability, I purposed to listen and really hear each word that he spoke. It took some effort on my part but I eventually understood him perfectly. But not only that, he was able to stand his ground and not let me just give up on trying to understand him. He would say "no" when I asked if we could move on to another topic when I couldn't fully understand what he was saying. How often in dating relationships do we not really take the time to understand the person we allow in our lives. So that when we come against an obstacle, it's easier to give up and think the relationship couldn't possibly work. But what if it could? No matter the differences or obstacles.

That's when I began to clearly see that to take God at His word that marriage is possible for me, I couldn't be moved by what I saw. Here was a man that didn't fit any preconceived ideas I had of what a perfect mate was like but he was able to communicate with me on a level that men without a disability failed to do. I realized that even though I confess the word regularly, my actions didn't fully line up with my confession. I'm learning to not limit God's ability to provide the kind of mate I desire no matter the package he may be wrapped in. That Faith gives you the staying power needed when things look nothing like what you are trusting God for until what you are believing for is manifested in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment