Saturday, September 6, 2014

The One I wanted

I set my sights on him and I went after him. I got him! Oh man, this must be love. I knew exactly what to do this time. Spend as much time with him as I wanted. Believe me, I wanted a lot of his time. He worked nights so we spent a lot of time together during the day. We'd go to the park, out to eat and rent videos (he fell asleep the one time we went to the movie theater) to watch before he went to work. I gave him every part of me that he asked for. I told him about my desire to have a baby and he promised that "one day" that would become a reality.

I loved every moment spent with him. We talked, laughed and generally enjoyed each other's company. He would get off work at 2 am in the morning and come pick me up. We'd go to his apartment and sleep. Then just before dawn would be our time to "relate" to one another. So you can imagine my surprise when he came to see me one afternoon to tell me about a dream he had that included me and a baby. Seems that we'd gotten carried away and forgot to use protection during one of our early morning intimate times together. I can still remember how elated he was when I told him that I'd gotten my period the day before. His happy mood crushed me.

Then one night, my girlfriend and I went by his apartment to surprise him before he went to work. Another woman was there. He acted like she was "just a friend" to me. The same way he acted like I was "just a friend" to her. To save face with my girlfriend, I took her home then went back to his apartment. He was getting ready to leave for work, or so he said. But he wouldn't let me back in the apartment. We had to talk outside. There were a lot of hurtful words exchanged and I issued an ultimatum, "it's either her or me!". That's when I found out SHE was his girlfriend and I was the OTHER woman.

1 comment: