Saturday, September 13, 2014

Rejection!


Nobody wants to be rejected, but to be rejected by someone you thought was as committed in the relationship as you are is quite hurtful. Not only did I choose this guy, I thought he chose me too. At one time (even so much as recently) I thought that no matter what, I would always want him; even if it meant I'd be outside of God's will for my life. But after writing last weeks post, I realized that I no longer truly feel that way.

Sure, he rejected me, but given the opportunity to straighten things out, I would have given him another chance. I was just that much into him. Last week as I wrote, I could actually see the red flags that I wouldn't have hesitated to point out to another friend who may have experienced the same situation. I have since learned that people have issues that are totally unrelated to you. That in their attempt to keep themselves from being hurt, you may end up being the one to get hurt. You just have to know when to move on and go on with your life.

I've experienced more rejection in my life through the years, however, I won't let it keep me down long. Being rooted and grounded in God's word helps you to realize that no matter who leaves your life, God is always there for you. To follow is part of a confession of Truths from God's word that I confess daily:"I am deeply loved by God. I am completely forgiven and fully pleasing to God. I am totally accepted by God. I am a NEW creation."

No comments:

Post a Comment