Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hi, this is my journey, my story. I will tell it all. I want to be a source of inspiration and encouragement to others as I navigate through my life's journey to marrying the right person the first time. I'm old enough, secure enough in who I am and mentally stable enough to know better about male female relationships. However, after reading about some of the things I have done and most recently experienced, I hope you will realize that you are not alone in your quest for a marriage partner either. I'm right there with you!

Just so you know, I never really thought about being married. I've always known that I wanted to have kids -marriage was optional. But as I got older and my friends were getting married and having kids, they started telling me about how hard taking care of children would be if they didn't have any help. Add to the fact that somewhere in my quest to becoming a mom, I got saved and realized that God's order was marriage first and then kids. So now here I am, 20 years later with no husband and no kids. Let the journey begin!

I hope to inspire and encourage you as I share my experiences with blind dating (being set up by friends-one in particular, who wanted to help a sista out), friendship dating (what my Pastor taught us Singles should be the goal of relationships) and most recently online dating (my reason for now wanting to meet men face-to-face). All of which have given me new hope that there truly is a man out there for me. And I won't give up until I Possess the Land!


3 comments:

  1. Tracey, you are not alone. call me. Charee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me. Tracey, I understand that you want to do everything the right way. For that I applaud you and wish I had done it the right way. Although I'm with my husband and I have no kids, I feel like I did things so out of order and it totally could have went wrong. Can't wait to read all of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shauntell, each new day is an opportunity to do better than the day before. Forget those things that are behind you and keep pressing forward. Never forget to Enjoy the Journey!

    ReplyDelete