Saturday, September 9, 2017

POE - Shauntell

#PATHSOFENCOURAGEMENT #POE
I was born to a mother and father that never wanted me. All of my baby pictures read "Grandmother's Baby". My grandparents raised me the best they could. My mother or father never tried to build a relationship with me. I have multiple stories about how it seems my parents didn't want me, but I will share the most recent story for both of them. 

I wrote my sperm donor (Dad) a letter giving him my address, telephone number, and a nice message that simply stated how I wanted to build a relationship that could possibly turn into a father daughter relationship. One year later and I haven't received a text, a call or a visit. I opened my heart to let my mother be there for my recent surgeries even though I didn't want to. She was not much of a help but I still appreciated the fact that she was there. One month later she sends me and my sister a text that reads:  "You two enjoy your sisterhood. Don't talk about me nor to me. I'm too old and have responsibilities to play these messy games y'all playing. Have a nice life. Mine will be just fine without y'all".


Yes I got upset. I was more upset with myself for opening my heart to her. I'm used to her not being in my life, but why did it hurt so bad? I prayed and asked God to take the hurt she caused and the hatred out of my heart that was towards my father and mother. The moral of my story is people hurt you and yes it may hurt, but My Heavenly Father never hurt me or disappointed me. All he does is love me and I'm so grateful he accepted me, flaws and all, and came into my heart. I end with saying thank you Jesus for your unconditional love.

Contributing Guest Writer: Shauntell Walker

2 comments:

  1. You are more than welcome. And Thank you... I believe lives have been touched because you were brave enough to share your story and now someone knows that they are not alone in their Journey called Life. I love you but God loves you more

    ReplyDelete