Saturday, August 26, 2017

No Truer Words

No truer words have been spoken than the words I've heard my Pastor say time and time again: "They weren't there when God gave you the vision".  So why would I think that they would support me when the vision is coming to pass? Mostly I would think that because we are friends and I've earned the support. But recently I've learned that that is not the case. Why? Because they weren't there when God gave me the vision!

Sure, it's disappointing to not have the support I thought I should have gotten from the people who have told me over the years what I should do: Write a book!  But I guess since this isn't a book, just a Blog, they don't see it as me doing what they thought I would do: Write a book! Better yet, I don't think they see God in what I do. That may be the real issue I'm writing about.

They see my Blog as me being me, which is a good thing because it fosters credibility and realness in my posts. But they weren't there when God spoke to me about this vision of teaching His children. I realize that people have different learning styles and I'm open to teach them in manners where they can learn. I will eventually get to write a book but where I am now is Blog posts. 

I've come to terms with the fact that people don't owe me their support just because we're friends or just because they know me: But I cherish those who just give it to me naturally. Why? Because with all the things I'm up against just trying to carry out God's directive, I don't need to harbor any ill-will towards those who have Encouraged me long before I even considered God's purpose for my life. They Encouraged me for the time and season they were meant too: It's time now to navigate down my own Path of Encouragement. 

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Tracy although I say you should write a book I love reading your blogs. This is really a good teaching for us. Even if you only get one person to teach, that's good. I love you and thank you for getting me to read your blogs. It's a good lesson to be taught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shauntell, I'm glad that you Enjoy reading my blogs. Whether I'm teaching one - or many more than one, I pray that each person gain insights and knowledge helpful for their Journey in Life. I love you and I appreciate you taking your time to not only support me by reading/commenting on my blogs but also taking the time to build your own unshakable relationship with God. Enjoy the Journey!

    ReplyDelete