Saturday, July 22, 2017

When the Flood Arose

I just have to write this... this morning my driveway actually flooded.  I could not (and would not) try to get my car out of my yard due to all the water.  I've been living in my house a long time and I've NEVER seen the water build up like it did today. Sure, we're under a flood advisory but it all happened so fast; I didn't have time to bring my car out of the garage. I kept thinking "when the rain lets up I can move my car so I can make it in to work". That never happened. When the rain slacked off some, the water didn't recede fast enough before the heavy rain started up again. So here I am telling you my story, my journey. 

These past 6 years have been years of flooding in my life. Today was a literal interpretation of that fact and I DID NOT "go off the deep end". Yes!!! In fact, I took the time out to Enjoy myself. I had "Taco Tuesdays", watermelon and played my favorite game. All while thanking and praising God for being with me along this Journey. Aside from the fact that there was nothing I could do to change the situation, there was no part in me that feared, dreaded or doubted that all would be well in the end. Add to the fact that Luke 6:48 kept repeating through my head, I knew God was allowing me to know that my foundation was sure and true: deeply rooted in Him. 

I don't know where you are right now in your life but I do know that when you purpose in your heart to get rooted in the Word of God, no Flood: downsize on your job, end of a relationship(s), financial troubles or health issues can stand against God's love, protection and provision in your life.  No matter your outward situation, as long as you walk in the inward peace in your heart, your foundation cannot be shaken. Trust God today with every area of your life and see him do exceeding, abundantly and above all you can ask or think. 

Scripture references: Luke 6:48  Ephesians 3:20

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs. Somewhere in between me reading your blogs I find myself building and unbreakable relationship with God. Thanks MS. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome 🙏🏽
    I thank God every day for you. Not because you bless me with your comments but because I know how much He loves you and desires that unbreakable relationship with you. The things I write about helped me build my relationship with Him and I'm overjoyed that you're loving Him more and more too. Like I wrote in the blog, trust God with every area of your life and watch Him do exceeding, abundantly and above all you can ask or think. You ARE blessed!

    ReplyDelete